We would like to say a huge thank you to those that took the time to take part in this quiz. It wasn’t easy and covered many areas of cricket across the County.
There were tickets to a Derbyshire CCC game up for grabs for the winner!
Out of all 20 questions, there was only 1 that received no correct answers! That was question 9!
It was close on who was going to win, but here are the top five and their scores out of 20:
1st place – Niven Roper – 17
2nd place – Annette Owen – 16
Mick Glenn – 16
4th place – Pete Wilson – 15 1/2
5th place – Mike Saunders – 15
Paul Thompson – 15
Well done everyone!
Here are all the questions with the answers, thank you for taking part.
- What year did Denby CC win the treble (Division One Title, Silver Link Trophy and Derbyshire Cup) and who was the Captain? 1989 Mick Glenn
- Can you name Quarndon CC’s groundsman that previously worked at the County Ground? Steve Hollis
- Over the years former Derbyshire CCC players Alasdair Evans, Andy Gray, Matt Lineker, Tom New and Steve Stubbings have all played for which club? Alfreton CC
- Which club hosted a John Player Sunday league fixture between Derbyshire and Hampshire on 7th September 1975? Darley Dale CC
- Sawley CC and Long Eaton CC merged in what year? 1999
- Name the club that Derbyshire CCC played at on Sunday 13th June 2004 in order to boost their new pavilion appeal? Ashford in the Water
- In 1993, Matthew Cassar joined which club, helping them win the Division Two title and then The County League Championship the following year? Ilkeston Rutland CC
- Which is the only club to share its name with a secondary school in the County? Swanwick Hall CC
- Which club has the most girls represented in the pathway setup, from U11s to the Senior Women? Duffield CC
- Ashover CC has recently merged with which other club? Chesterfield Barbarians CC
- Which club formed on the back of fixture celebrating the first ever public bank holiday in 1871? Rolleston CC
- What famous South African cricketer played for Spondon CC in their 2007 Premier League winning side? Colin Ingram
- At approximately 1000ft, which club has the highest ground in Derbyshire? Buxton CC
- Who in their club’s history won seven Yorkshire & Derbyshire League Titles in a row captained by Alan Hampshire? Hundall CC
- What year did Chesterfield CC’s ground, Queens Park, first host a First Class Cricket game? 1898
- Which Premier League Club has Wayne Madsen played for the past two seasons? Ticknall CC
- Can you name the two County League Clubs that the Head of The Derbyshire Cricket Foundation Richard Wood has played for? Matlock CC & Marehay CC
- The Derbyshire Disabled Cricket Club play at who’s ground? Darley Abbey CC
- Which one of our league clubs shares its name with an Australian City? Melbourne Town CC
- There were 2 umpires on the 2019 ECB First Class Umpire’s panel who had started their umpiring journey in Derbyshire. Can you name them both? Tom Lungley & Hasan Adnan
Make sure to keep up to date with everything that we are doing on our social media platforms: