Women’s Softball Festivals
Our popular softball festivals are back for 2022!!
Our host venues are chosen with 24 festivals throughout the summer! 2 additional ones have been added!
All the info, dates, venues and how to book can be found here: https://dcfcricket.com/womens-softball/
A huge thank you to Chevin Homes for sponsoring these festivals this summer!
Our festivals are filling up quickly! Get your team registered by following the link above!
Women’s Softball Kit
Women’s Softball Kit is now in stock and ready for clubs to buy!
This year, in addition to the New Balance soft ball bats and existing soft ball cricket balls, soft ball kit bags are available to purchase. The kit bags contain 2 x New Balance bats, 2 x stumps, 18 soft balls, and 20 cones in a soft ball branded black, wheeled holdall.
Balls, bats and kitbags are all available through the serious cricket online shop:
Stock will be limited so get your orders in ASAP!
ECB resources for powering a Sustainable Girls Section at your club
- We are delighted to share with you the resources to enable you to power thriving and sustainable girls’ sections at clubs across your county to achieve ECB’s and DCF’s ambitions to transform the game for girls’.
- There is an editable Instruction Booklet and Development Planning excel document. These are available for you to use immediately for clubs who want to prioritised starting or growing a girls’ section this year.
- These resources are there to take away the burden of writing a development plan in full from scratch, from club volunteers and make it as easy as possible for clubs to have their own
- The resources can be found on our website and are available for your club to download
- Link: https://dcfcricket.com/w-g-club-development/
Girls U12 Incrediball Competition 2022
Entries are now open for our Junior County Competitions in 2022 which are accessible to any Derbyshire affiliated Club based in Derbyshire. This competition ran well in 2022 with 10 teams from 10 clubs entering across the county. The format will be as follows:
- U12 age group and below (Year 5/6/7)
- 2/3 games on a day
- DCF to organise Fixtures/ Results on Play Cricket
- 16 over matches
- 8-a-side pairs format
- Flexibility around fixtures and player registration
- Clubs required to have a key adult contact for match days.
- Day of the week to be confirmed by clubs involved
Clubs are free to team up with one other local club if they wish, in order to get a full team out. We can help facilitate this process if needs be. Please let us know.
Clubs must register the team under one of the two club names.
We will look to create the fixtures so there are 3 or 4 teams at a venue on a given day to play 2 games each
For all those clubs who are interested, Charlie will set up a call to discuss the offer and to make sure the format suggested is correct for the teams getting involved.
Any clubs interested in entering, please do so here: https://forms.office.com/r/VJEAUxfjsa
Girls U16 Competition 2022
DCF are looking to run an U16 Girls Competition for the first time in 2022. The format will be pairs hardball and will likely be 8 per side. If you club have 8 or more girls aged between 13 and 16 that would be interested, please email email@example.com to let us know you’re interested.
See below for a comprehensive list of coaching courses with their direct booking link. This is the most courses we have ever put on in a calendar year with courses in different areas of the county!
Please make the most of these opportunities and share with members of your clubs. Be aware that booking closes 7 days before the course starts. A great opportunity for any aspiring female coaches!
For more information about each course please visit https://dcfcricket.com/coach-education/ and have a look at the attached documents.
Bursaries have been applied to Female Only Foundation 1 Courses
If these courses don’t work for you, then please visit our website and there are many more to choose from.
|Foundation 1 Courses|
|22nd, 29th May||Derbyshire CCC||9.00am-16.00pm||£50||https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/l8qbyd||Female Candidates Only|
|6th, 13th, 20th, 27th June||Matlock CC||18.00pm-21.00pm||£50||https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/s8qbyf||Female Candidates Only|