The Derbyshire Cricket Foundation want to provide different ways of Inspiring, Training and Rewarding cricket volunteers. Without brilliant volunteers working tirelessly at clubs it would be impossible to Inspire a Generation to say that ‘Cricket is a game for me’.
We are also acutely aware that keeping young people aged 14-16 involved in the game can be tough and this is when a number drift away from the game. We want to motivate these young people to stay involved in cricket, in a wider capacity than just playing. We know that volunteering can teach vital life skills and can help with employability.
With this in mind, we are delighted to share 2 separate opportunities we have developed for young people to be Inspired, Trained and Rewarded through our new ‘Derbyshire Young Volunteer Programme’.
Please share this with all your junior members aged 14-16
Half Century Club
A programme designed to encourage more young people to volunteer at their cricket club.
- Open to all 14–16-year olds who are a member of a Derbyshire based Cricket Club.
- From April-August.
- No application process.
- A simple form to fill in by 31st March to say you want to be involved.
- Volunteer at your cricket club to earn rewards based on your volunteer commitment.
- Provided with a sheet to fill in when you volunteer to track your progress.
- Volunteer for 20 hours- 10% off voucher code for Owzat Cricket.
- Volunteer for 30 hours- 2 free tickets to a Derbyshire County Cricket Club game
- Volunteer for 50 hours- DCF Young Volunteers training top.
The Honours Board
A programme designed to further enhance the experiences and skills of a group of young volunteers.
- Open to all 14-16 year olds who are a member of a Derbyshire based Cricket Club.
- Application process with 20 places available for this year.
- Closing date for applications is Monday 6th March.
- £20 registration fee. (payment taken once places have been allocated)
- DCF Young Volunteers training top as part of the programme.
- Part of the inaugural DCF Youth Council for the year 2023. (4 meetings over the year)
- 1st workshop will be on Saturday 25th March. 10am-12pm.
- Work experience on DCF programmes during the cricket season including National Programmes, Womens Softball, holiday camps. (10 hour commitment)
- Access to the following workshops from March-September:
- Young Activators
- Young Officials
- Cricket Leadership
- Ground Maintenance
- Social Media and Marketing
- Wellness and wellbeing
- Sports Journalism
- First Aid
To sign up to either programme please follow this link. https://forms.office.com/e/0WF91yyxEj
Any questions, please contact Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org